In today’s world, where chemicals dominate the beauty industry, finding a natural and safe hair color option is like discovering a hidden gem. Last year I tried vegetal hair color and I was quite disappointed by that so I was on the lookout for another option then I stumbled on an Instagram ad by Shesha Ayurveda showcasing their Nilini Hair Color kit. I ordered the kit and this was quite an impulse purchase. They took approx 9 days to deliver the product due to some logistics issues. So today I tried it and here’s my honest review for you all.
The overall packaging was nice and sturdy, I got the package in very good condition. I ordered dark brown hair color kit and the look and feel of this kit is luxurious. The kit contains 4 sachets in golden color of 10G each and a patch test sample. You can also find the product catalog inside it showcasing their other products.
On the opening of golden sachet, you will one more sachet which contains the actual product, a dark greenish color powder that smells like henna powder. You can read more about the ingredients in the attached image
How to use it:
- It is recommended to do a patch test first. They sent a small sample for patch test and after everything goes well you can start your coloring process.
- Wash your hair prior coloring making sure there’s no oil on the scalp because that would hinder in color deposition process
- Open the sachet and ass warm water to make a paste-like consistency. I used 2 sachets and it could only cover hair on the front. For thick hair like mine, I believe I should have used all 4 sachets to cover the whole head
- Apply it on grey hairs; Leave for 1 hour and then wash off with normal water. Do not use any shampoo or conditioner, just wash it with plain water
- the fragrance of the product will remind you of henna, and on drying also it somehow gives you a feel of henna
- It is mentioned on the website that results will last for up to 15-20 days depending on new hair growth.
I used it and kept it on for 1 hour 10 mins then washed it with normal water and blow dried my hair. Here are the results:
Price: Printed price is 499 for 100 gms but I got this product for Rs.360
What’s so good about Shesha Ayurveda Nilini Hair Color:
Shesha Ayurveda Nilini Hair Color is a herbal hair coloring solution that provides a natural and healthy way to enhance the color of your hair. Crafted with utmost care and precision, this hair color is free from harmful chemicals like ammonia, PPD (paraphenylenediamine), and hydrogen peroxide, ensuring a gentle and non-toxic experience for your hair.
What sets Shesha Ayurveda Nilini Hair Color apart is its rich blend of natural ingredients, carefully selected to promote hair health and nourishment. It contains potent Ayurvedic herbs like Henna, Indigo, Amla, Bhringraj, and Brahmi, which not only impart beautiful color but also strengthen the hair follicles, reduce hair fall, and improve overall hair texture. These ingredients have been used in Ayurvedic traditions for centuries, known for their rejuvenating and hair-enhancing properties.
Shesha Ayurveda Nilini Hair Color is more than just a hair color—it is an opportunity to embrace the natural beauty of your hair without compromising on safety or quality. By choosing this Ayurvedic hair color, you not only experience the joy of a chemical-free hair coloring experience but also contribute to a healthier and more sustainable approach to beauty.
I did not have high expectations from this product because of my past bad experience but the results have surprised me. Grey hair got covered completely in the front and the color matches completely with the strands. I use shade 3 in Loreal Paris Excellence Crème and Nilini’s dark brown color matches that shade. I used this product in excitement just to try this out but after seeing teh results I felt I should have used all 4 sachets and covered my entire head.
It’s a big yes from my side, I highly recommend you to try this product.